An ambulance provides reliable transportation for patients with urgent or life-threatening medical needs. But not every emergency needs an ambulance.
It is important to remember that there are other Non-Emergency Medical Transportation in Portage, Wisconsin aside from an ambulance. The reason for this is to help keep ambulances free to respond to life-threatening emergencies like gunshot wounds, heart attacks, or traffic accidents.
COMFORTCARE TRANSPORTATION LLC is going to give you a few examples of emergencies that only need Non-Medical Transportation Services in Saint Anthony, Minnesota instead of an ambulance. Take a look:
- A woman going into the early stages of labor
- A friend or stranger that is obviously drunk and throwing up (but not unconscious)
- A cut on the hand or arm that is not bleeding heavily
- A disabled person who needs to make a short trip to the convenience store or pharmacy
- A disabled person needing a trip to the clinic for a check-up
These are only a few examples, but they are a great reference point when thinking about calling for emergency transportation. ADA Certified Vehicles in Minnesota are readily available for individuals who need a quick trip but are not in any mortal danger. Don’t worry, if you are still unsure whether you need an ambulance or not, just give 911 a call and ask them. They’ll be willing to help you out.